Ways to sell products on Amazon
There are several ways to sell products on Amazon:
- Seller Central: This is the most common method of selling on Amazon. You can create a seller account and list your products for sale on Amazon’s website. You can choose to sell your products at a fixed price or participate in Amazon’s “Fulfillment by Amazon” (FBA) program, which allows Amazon to handle fulfillment and customer service for your products.
- Vendor Central: This method involves selling your products directly to Amazon, which then becomes the seller of record for your products on its platform. This option is typically reserved for larger brands and manufacturers.
- Amazon Handmade: If you are a maker or artisan and sell handmade or custom-made products, you can sell them on Amazon Handmade.
- Amazon Marketplace: This is a platform that allows third-party sellers to sell new or used products alongside Amazon’s own offerings. You can choose to use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or handle fulfillment and shipping yourself.
- Amazon Advertising: This is a paid advertising service that allows sellers to promote their products on Amazon’s website and in search results. You can use sponsored product ads, sponsored brand ads, and product display ads to increase the visibility of your products on Amazon.
- Amazon Subscription: This service allows sellers to offer their products on a subscription basis, with customers paying a regular fee to receive the products on a recurring basis.
Brief knowledge of FBA, Drop shipping and FBM
FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is a fulfillment option offered by Amazon that allows sellers to have Amazon store, pick, pack, and ship their products to customers. With FBA, sellers can offer Prime shipping to their customers and take advantage of Amazon’s customer service and returns management.
Drop shipping is a fulfillment method in which the seller does not keep products in stock but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to a third-party supplier, who then ships the order directly to the customer. Drop shipping allows sellers to sell a wider range of products without having to worry about inventory management.
FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) is a fulfillment option in which the seller handles all aspects of fulfillment, including storage, shipping, and customer service. Sellers using FBM are responsible for ensuring that orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner and for providing customer service for any issues that may arise.
These are all methods of selling products on Amazon. Sellers can choose to use FBA, drop shipping, or FBM (or a combination of these methods) to fulfill orders for their products on the platform.
Types of seller’s account on Amazon
There are two main selling methods on Amazon Seller Central:
- Individual Seller Account: With this method, you create a seller account and list your products for sale on Amazon’s website. You can choose to sell your products at a fixed price or participate in Amazon’s “Fulfillment by Amazon” (FBA) program, which allows Amazon to handle fulfillment and customer service for your products.
- Professional Seller Account: This method is similar to an Individual Seller Account, but it requires a monthly subscription fee and offers additional features such as the ability to sell in multiple categories and access to advanced reporting and analytics.
In both cases, you are responsible for setting the price of your products, managing inventory, and fulfilling orders (unless you use FBA). You can also use Amazon Advertising to promote your products and increase their visibility on the platform.